We are looking for an Animation Director to help us create great animations for one of Massive Entertainment’s exciting IPs.
As the Animation Director, you will be responsible for the cinematic and gameplay animation content for a project until and after release. This role will ensure the visual elements are credible and in line with the overall game vision to maximize the player’s experience.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you’ll do
- Set animation direction for the entire game and cinematics
- Communicate expectations of the artistic vision to the team
- Feedback and validate the work carried out by the various teams to ensure that quality objectives are met
- Ensure the project’s direction is followed by working in close collaboration with the Producer, Technical Director (TD) and the programming team
- Help plan the work in collaboration with the production team who oversees planning
- Direct the actors during gameplay mocap sessions to follow the artistic vision and optimize the production of the animators.
What you’ll bring
You are a motivated and team-oriented Director, dedicated to the craft of Animation. You find the team’s achievements to be motivating and can supervise a team of like-minded people by providing feedback and support whenever needed. Your experience from directing a team allows you to solve problems and organize an effective workflow.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Expert knowledge & passion for gameplay & technical animation on AAA video game productions with a proven track record of shipped titles
- Professional experience in supervising/directing a team
- Professional experience working with State Machines and Blendtrees
- Experience working in Node-based (Animation) systems, such as Blueprints (Unreal) and Mecanim (Unity)
- Capacity to clearly communicate an artistic vision;
- Excellent understanding of 3D workflows and most common software platforms (Motion builder, Maya, etc.)
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while demonstrating strong design skills;
- Ability to learn and understand the game engine animation system’s strength and weaknesses
- Attention to detail