Here at Massive we’re building an original game set in the world of James Cameron’s Avatar. We’re excited to give players the chance to explore Pandora and we’re a looking for a collaborative, driven, and proactive AI Designer to join us.
As an AI Designer at Massive, you will work with an interdisciplinary team to create the characters and wildlife that will immerse our players in the world of Avatar. These NPCs will interact with the player, the world, and the game systems to create systemic, emergent experiences.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- You will be responsible for designing and implementing NPCs with a focus on reactive, systemic, and emergent behaviors.
- You will collaborate with AI programmers, character artists, and animators to realize detailed NPCs who appear to have a life of their own.
- You will work, in the Snowdrop engine, tweaking and tuning your NPCs, and will help in defining what tools you need to work effectively and efficiently.
- You will be part of maintaining and evolving the overall gameplay vision together with the Game Director, Lead Game Designer, and the rest of the Design team.
You as a person
You are an experienced, talented, and creative designer with a proven background in one or more technically focused specialties: systems design, combat, AI, mission scripting, or level scripting. You are hands-on and not afraid to dive in to the tools and documents in order to be able to realize your vision. You are an enthusiastic communicator, easily taking feedback from the directors and providing input to your team, all in fluent English.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a game design role
- At least one shipped title, preferably AAA
- Knowledge of iterative development and rapid prototyping
- Comfortable implementing gameplay logic using node based tools and/or programming / scripting
- Experience working with AI/NPCs is desired but not required
- Professional experience with systems-driven games is a bonus