Local IT Site Manager
Massive Entertainment, a Ubisoft Studio is looking for a Local IT Site Manager to join our international team.
About the position
In order to deliver great games, we need the best support organization that ensures that everything is working perfectly. The Local IT Manager is responsible for the quality of service at Massive and will plan, lead and be involved in all operational tasks of the IT team.
The Local IT Manager oversees all operational tasks related to the site such as meeting rooms, team movement inventory management and request follow-up and is responsible for the budget and purchases of hardware and software.
This is a full time position and requires working onsite in Malmo, Sweden.
As the Local IT Site Manager, you are responsible for ensuring a proper Support Service Quality for a specific site. You must oversee all operational tasks related to the site, such as meeting room configuration, team movement, inventory management and request follow-up. You are fully involved on the operational tasks of its team, dedicating most of its time to operational topics.
You will also:
- Manage the Local IT team (5 direct reports), creating a collaborative working environment, reporting hierarchically to the COO and functionally to the Local IT Operations Manager,
- Gather feedback from representatives of all projects to make sure support is in line with expectations
- Oversee the customer request distribution within the Local IT team of the site
- Validate Support Request SLA follow-up for this site
- Ensure Software and Hardware inventory follow-up as well as a good functioning configuration of all meeting rooms
- Validate that all request performed by the team follow Security Best Practices
- Be the technical and managerial escalation level for Massive
- Create the budget and handle purchases of IT equipment and services
- Must be able to perform all the tasks of an IT technician
- On-site support to end users
- Manage local infrastructure
- Actively identify potential improvements
- Support local events
You as a candidate
We are looking for someone that is very service minded and has several years of experience in IT support, preferably as a manager. You should have a relevant College diploma in Information Technology or equivalent experience and strong leadership skills. You are very flexible and have a problem solving approach. You should be autonomous and good at taking initiatives.
Required skills and experience
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in developing, leading and managing IT teams
- Very strong communication skills in English (spoken and written)
- Possess a scientific, pragmatic and yet flexible approach
- Ability to work well in teams, to cooperate and communicate with individuals and stakeholders from various backgrounds and hierarchical levels
- Good management and organizational skills
- Easily able to adapt to changing conditions in a fast paced environment
- Expertise in PC and laptop support and latest hardware news
- Very strong knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and the Microsoft Office suite
- Good knowledge of printing materials, networking, cabling, SCCM, Active Directory
- Linux knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of multimedia equipment, Mac OS X, ITIL, Agile methodologies, Scripting ability (batch files, VBScript, PowerShell) is a plus
- MCSE, MCSA or MCP certification is an asset
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 400 people from 35 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3 and our latest release Tom Clancy’s The Division.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio. Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.