Game User Researcher [Games Lab]
At Massive Entertainment, a Ubisoft Studio we are currently looking for an Game User Researcher to join our Malmö studio. You will be part of our awesome, highly skilled researcher team, contributing to make the best gaming experience as possible. You will work onseveral game projects, supporting them with all User research cycle, doing everything from hypothesis, tests to presenting reports. You will also,together with the user research team, define and implement the best tools andthe most adequate methods in order to validate the player experience and make sure it corresponds to the development teams’ intention and more importantly to
the players' expectations.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Plan and conduct user research activities for several of Massive’s projects
- Gather and analyze actionable data from a wide variety of research methods
- Effectively communicate research results to game teams and HQ (verbal and written reports), provide recommendations and ongoing design consultation
- Coordinate and take responsibility for play testers
- Prepare, plan and set up the tests
- Collaborate with several production teams and external contacts
You as a person
You are a proactive and autonomous person with good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills. You possess a scientific, pragmatic and yet flexible approach and have a strong interest in
games. To succeed in this role you need strong problems skills combined with a drive to move forward and not afraid of taking your own decisions. As you will work with many different people and throughout large parts of the development organization you will need to be able to explain your plans, work and results in a pedagogical way. You will set-up, coordinate and manage strategies and structure so analytical thinking will definitely be a plus.
Do you have a passion for research and games – then this is the role for you!
- Master´s degree in cognitive or experimental psychology, ergonomics, HCI (Human Computer Interaction), or other equivalent training/experience.
- Relevant working experience, in the games industry
- Interest and updated with gaming trends and news
- Knowledge and understanding of game
- Experience in design, game development and design principles in consumer or entertainment software industry is highly desirable
- Written and oral communication skills persuasiveness, and the ability to make group presentations
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 400 people from 35 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, hugely successful "Tom Clancy's The Division" and our next project “Avatar”.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio. Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.