Lead Mission Designer [Avatar Project]
Here at Massive, we’re building an original game set in the world of James Cameron’s Avatar. We’re excited to tell original stories on Pandora, and we’re a looking for a collaborative, driven, and proactive Lead Narrative Designer to join us. As a Narrative Lead on our team, you will work with the core directors to guide the narrative team and taskforces to design and implement story concepts and gameplay content that will immerse our players in the world of Avatar.
- At the direction of the Narrative Director, lead the development of story and quest content
- Lead the team in implementing story concepts from vision to shipping quality
- Ensure the highest level of craft and quality in all narrative quest content
- Coordinate with production to meet department, project, IP, and director goals
- Teach, grow, and mentor the narrative team
- Foster and participate in a culture of open and honest feedback
You as a person
You are an experienced, talented, and creative narrative designer -- a leader with a proven background living in the intersection between story and gameplay. You are a hands-on lead who isn’t afraid to dive in to the tools and documents to help the team realize the best version of the game. You are an enthusiastic communicator, easily taking feedback from the directors and providing input to the team.
On our team, story and gameplay are one. As a Narrative Lead, you will take ownership of the story and mission content, working with multidisciplinary taskforces of designers, artists, coders, and producers to lead world-class story experiences. You will help create an energetic, open, and inclusive environment for a diverse group of passionate developers, building the game together with the team while helping to mentor and guide their growth and development.
- Developed large scale stories and/or key quest or mission content for AAA games
- Senior experience developing game stories and content from concept to completion
- Experience working hands-on with tools and scripting to build content
- Demonstrable understanding of story craft and structure
- Outstanding motivation, initiative, creativity, and problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Previous lead experience will give you leg up
- Professional experience with systems-driven games and/or open worlds and technical or scripting experience is a plus
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio. Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.