Outsourcing Artist [Avatar Project / Tom Clancy's The Division]
For the role as outsorucing artist here at Massive, we are looking for a motivated and talented artist to set the foundation for overseeing the visual direction of art created by vendors outside the studio and ensuring that it meets the quality and aesthetic goals of the projects at Massive. This entails feedback, management, and integration of outsourced art as well as ensuring the quality and integrity of the product meets or exceeds product vision, and pushes the boundaries of competitive visual quality. You must also be able to hit the internal standards of art.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
You as a person
You possess the unique ability to build trust-filled relationships with both internal and external artists, to make sure we all strive for the same goal and impeccable level of quality to deliver the AAA games we're know for at Massive. The trust comes from your own knowledge and skill within art, as well as your personal maturity to give and receive feedback in a constructive manner. Your many relationships and partners throughout the process of developing the game comes with a great deal of cooperation, and you know how to handle time sensitive tasks with clear communication and high standards of service and initiative to help.
- Managing and providing feedback to external artists through design documentation (i.e. examples of asset production, procedures, and engine requirements), as well as maintenance of a strong creative relationship between external and internal art teams.
- Ownership of incoming art assets, providing detailed feedback and approvals to the vendor in order to deliver quality assets to the development team.
- Implement approved assets into the game engine, along with making any needed fixes to keep assets consistent and game ready.
- Personally create high quality models, materials, weapons when needed.
- Work closely with the art director, art leads, production team, and outsource manager to determine outsourcing needs.
- Coordination to schedule and track incoming assets.
- Experience with asset management
- Knowledge of the 3D tools (Maya, 3Ds Max, Zbrush) and production pipeline, ideally from an AAA game
- Experience with outsource management and understanding of the game production design process
- Ability to balance impacts of deadlines and resources with style and quality requirements of a title's art direction
- Previous experience with outsourcing, managing external vendors or teams, and directing others through written communication
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 400 people from 35 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3 and our latest release Tom Clancy’s The Division.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio. Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.