Terrain/World Artist [Avatar Project]
At Massive, we are currently looking for the new passionate Terrain/World artist to contribute to the development in the ambitious art team. You will contribute to enhancing, designing and creating the immersive worlds Massive is known for, by bringing your own thoughts to the table. You will influence the creation of next gen terrain and environments for AAA projects. As our new terrain/world artist you are the expert regarding how to build and setup and work with quality terrain and materials.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
You as a person
You have a few years of terrain/world creation experience in the AAA games industry and you are looking for a new opportunity! You are an individual who is passionate for your own and your team members work. You have the ability to anticipate and find solutions to your problems. You are continuously seeking out improvements and using the best practices within your field of expertise. As an artist, you have a passion for individual objects as well as entire scenes. Your portfolio will tell us that you have high standards and that you, single-handed can create high quality terrain, assets and materials.
- Work with your Lead, other art teams and Art director to create high quality AAA 3D art assets
- Deliver on visual and technical requirements
- Setup terrain and related objects
- Create high quality textures, height-maps & masks
- Optimization of art assets to fit specific technical requirements
- Help other teams to reach their goals by providing them with expertise
- 3+ years of experience with making terrain for next gen AAA game environments
- Experience with the technical limitations/constraints related to terrain
- Experienced in working with world machine and z brush
- An artistic eye and relevant portfolio work
- Working knowledge of at least one of the major 3D modeling packages & texturing software
- Knowledge of substance designer/painter knowledge is a definite bonus
Please note that applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 400 people from 35 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3 and our latest release Tom Clancy’s The Division.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.