Senior Level Designer [Tom Clancy's The Division]
As a Level Designer at Massive, you will develop interesting, challenging and fun gameplay scenarios based on the creative vision. You are going to work closely with Game Design, Level Art and other disciplines to make sure we develop an entertaining, memorable and breath-taking game.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
You as a person
You are passionate about games and the craft of level design. You take initiative and find creative solutions to complex problems. You are experienced working within a multidisciplinary team and understand the importance of collaboration in order to achieve top-notch quality on your work. You have high standards in everything you do and are devoted to creating great gameplay experience and memorable game worlds. You put the player first.
- Create immersive gameplay scenarios that support and enhance the core mechanics and creative vision of the game
- Guide a multidisciplinary pod to take your scenarios from concept to final polish
- Ensure a memorable game where form follows function through close collaboration with Level Art, Narrative and other disciplines.
- Collaborate with Game Designers to define and tweak game mechanics.
- As the project progresses, integrate the content produced by other disciplines for your designs into the game engine (new gameplay elements, AI, sound, etc)
- Conduct gameplay evaluations with the team providing feedback and suggestions to help fine tune and improve the game.
- Locate and fix bugs in both your own and your colleague’s work
- Support the Lead Level Designer in any ad hoc tasks and duties
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Extensive experience using level editing tools such as UnrealEd, CryEngine, Hammer, etc.
- Extensive experience using node-based visual script logic
- Experience developing third-person action games
- Ability to clearly express and present ideas
- Resourcefulness in problem-solving with a user focused approach
- Experience from work with an online multiplayer, co-operative, role playing or open-world game project
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 400 people from 35 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3 and our latest release Tom Clancy’s The Division.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.