Technical Level Designer [Tom Clancy's The Division]
You'll be a part of the level design team working on expanding the world of The Division, by creating and implementing complex technical system design elements into the game while acting as a technical reference for team members on the project.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Assisting with prototyping and production of the technical elements of a game feature
- Assessment of designs, game features and pipelines as well as identifying potential risks and look for systemic improvement
- Testing new features and tools before they are deployed to the rest of the team
- Make sure the Level Design team can efficiently maintain a balance between the creative vision for the project and the technical budget restraints by acting as a technical reference for the team in relation to level design
- Contributing to data optimization and validation by ensuring that Level Designers comply with the technical standards
- Ensuring gameplay ingredients and playspaces conform to game Metrics
- Debugging and implementing reliable solutions to issues
You as a person
You are creative, team-spirited and result oriented. You are open to new ideas while actively looking for the best solution to the task at hand. You have high standards, and feel ready to take our technical level design standards to the next level and we can see that by looking at your way of designing technical implementations. You are comfortable working autonomously as well as a part of a team, and thrive when improving current processes with your technical knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in game- or level-design, technical discipline or other relevant experience
- Relevant working experience in level design or other relevant experience
- Has shipped at least 1 game within level design, preferably on a ‘AAA’ console title
- Experience with 3D engines (Such as Unreal, CryEngine etc.)
- Experience and training in programming is an asset
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 400 people from 35 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3 and our latest release Tom Clancy’s The Division.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.