Lead Cinematic Artist [Tom Clancy's The Division]
At Massive, we are currently looking for a passionate new Lead Cinematic Artist to contribute to the development of an ambitious and growing animation team. You will contribute to enhancing, designing and creating the immersive worlds Massive is known for, by bringing your own thoughts to the table. You will influence the creation of next gen cinematic art for AAA projects. As our new Lead Cinematic Artist you are the expert on how to setup and drive a team in both technical and artistic phases as well as guiding the team to deliver great visual quality across the board.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Leading the development of high quality AAA cinematic art
- Working hands-on with both real-time and pre-rendered lighting
- Focus on composition and camera setup
- Creation and maintenance of a prospering work culture within the team
- Ensuring a productive internal workflow and beneficial relationships with external partners
- Prioritizing and managing tasks to ensure that deliverables are completed on time and to specifications through stand-ups and synchronization meetings to communicate vision and needs with other teams
- Organizing work and backlog using project management/ planning tools i.e. Jira
- Working together with producers, leads, directors and other teams to push project quality
- Balancing quality and efficiency of owns and teams work to reach the best results within given time frames
- Managing the Human Resources in your team by i.e. reoccurring performance feedback and salary reviews
You as a person
You have a couple years of experience as a Lead, and are looking for a new opportunity! The title will allow you to join and lead a team at an international studio, working on an AAA title. As a lead you are well organized, like to be on top of things and find the success of your team very important. You have the ability to anticipate and find solutions to problems that may occur within the team, which you find inspiring. By interest in the process you strive to have effective workflows for production. As an artist, you have a passion for art, films and the games industry. You have very high standards and feel ready to take our work to the next level and we can see that by looking at your portfolio.
- 5+ years of creating environments for next gen AAA game cinematic art, ideally with two AAA titles shipped
- At least 2 years working with composition and camera setup
- Proved track record in reviewing and feedback on teams' work in a clear and constructive manner
- Working-knowledge of MotionBuilder, Maya or other equivalent 3D program
Please note that applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 400 people from 35 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3 and our latest release Tom Clancy’s The Division.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.