Database Administrator [Uplay PC]
This is a mid to senior-level position as an Database Administrator that will be part of the Uplay PC development team. Your primary role will be to make sure the database infrastructure can withstand the pressure and flexibility needs of a live online platform. You will work closely with infrastructure engineers and programmers in the team and other staff globally to help deliver a great online experience for Ubisoft PC players.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
You as a person
You have strong technology capabilities combined with passion, creativity and resourcefulness. You are flexible and adapt easily to change, as well as a good communicator, both verbally and in written form, that works well in a global team.
- Provide advice and counsel to the developers regarding the most complex aspects of database methodologies
- Monitor database performance and capacity, proactively addressing potential problems, physical design and implementation of new database environments
- Analyze the stored data and make recommendations relating to performance and efficiency of data storage.
- Optimization of the current databases and coordination with development team
- Provide 4th level technical support (when Customer Service can’t resolve the issues)
- Solid knowledge of SQL relational database concepts with focus on MySQL
- Knowledge of replication, clustering, scaling and storage engines
- Knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Basic knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Bash, PowerShell)
- Basic knowledge of different network solutions and technologies (DNS, Firewall, Load Balancer, VPN)
- Knowledgeable in scalability techniques beyond simple master-slave is a bonus
- Knowledge of different database systems (MSSQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL) is a bonus
- Knowledge of configuration management tools (Chef, Salt Stack, Ansible, DSC) is a bonus
- Experience of working for large IT organizations is a bonus
- Experience of working with "Cloud Service Providers" (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure) is a bonus
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 400 people from 35 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3 and our latest release Tom Clancy’s The Division.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.