Lead Prop Artist [Avatar Project]
- Leading the development of high quality AAA 3D art assets
- Creation and maintenance of a prospering art culture within the Prop Art Team
- Ensuring a productive internal workflow and beneficial relationships with external partners
- Prioritizing and manage the internal and external Prop Team’s tasks to ensure that deliverables are completed on time and to specifications through stand-ups and synchronisation meetings to communicate vision and needs with other teams
- Organizing work and backlog using project management / planning tools i.e Jira
- Working together with producers, leads, directors and other teams to push project quality
- Balancing quality and efficiency of owns and teams work to reach the best results within given time frames
You have a few years of experience, looking for a new opportunity! The title will allow you to join and lead a team at an international studio, working on an AAA title. As a lead you are well organized, likes to be on top of things and find the success of your team very important. You have the ability to anticipate and find solutions to problems that may occur within the team, which you find inspiring. By interest in the process you strive to have effective workflows for production. As an artist, you have a passion for art for the films and games industry. You have very high standards and feel ready to take game assets to the next level and we can see that by looking at your portfolio.
- 3+ years of making props/environments/assets for next gen AAA game environments, ideally with one AAA title shipped
- At least 2 years working with technical limitations/constraints in an game environment
- Ability to review and feedback on teams work in a clear and constructive manner
- Working knowledge of at least one of the major 3D modeling packages and texturing software
- Substance designer/painter knowledge is a bonus
- Experience with outsourcing and co-development is a bonus
Please note that applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 400 people from 35 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3 and our latest release Tom Clancy’s The Division.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio. Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.