Senior Designer [Avatar Project]
Here at Massive, we are building a bold original game based on the world of James Cameron’s Avatar. We are a passionate team looking for a collaborative, driven, and proactive Senior Designer. As a senior on the design team, you will work closely with the leads, owning features and systems and potentially guide task forces to expand, plan, and execute feature concepts and content that will immerse our players in the world of Pandora.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- At the direction of the your lead team; implement and design significant features and content.
- Working with your team to take game concepts and design from vision to shipping quality.
- Ensuring the highest level of usability, playability, and craft in everything you own.
- Coordinating closely with production and other departments to meet project goals.
- Foster a culture of open and honest feedback.
You as a person
You are an experienced, talented, and creative designer with a proven background in one or more craft specialties: systems design, combat, AI, narrative, mission scripting, level scripting, or world building. You are hands-on and not afraid to dive in to the tools and documents in order to be able to realize the best version of the game. You are an enthusiastic communicator, easily taking feedback from the directors and providing input to your team, all in fluent English.
- You've designed, developed, and shipped major systems or key content for games.
- Experience developing game features from concept to completion.
- Experience working hands-on with tools and scripting to build features.
- Professional experience with systems-driven games or RPGs is a bonus
- Experience in other game development disciplines: User Interface, Audio, Art, Engineering is a bonus
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 400 people from 35 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3 and our latest release Tom Clancy’s The Division.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio. Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.