Senior Animation Programmer [Tom Clancy's The Division]
- Developing advanced character animation systems for large scale games
- Working with core animation systems, ragdolls, IK, procedural animations, locomotion systems and workflow improvements
- Prototyping and integrating cutting edge animation technologies
- Developing and supporting of the connections between animation, AI and physics systems
- Developing, maintaining and communication of a clear technical strategy for animation and code architecture for Snowdrop™, our in-house developed engine
- Drive the interactions between the animation and physics systems to implement dynamic character behaviors
You will be part of a team of programmers where quality and attention to detail is highly valued. You will also work close to both game-designers and operations in your daily work, as a part of a team of highly motivated, passionate and skilled game developers. You probably have a passion for creating games, and breath-taking animations, and will most likely describe yourself as creative, hard working, result oriented and cooperative.
- 7+ years of console game development (Xbox or Playstation) using C++
- Good understanding of the animation pipeline from start to end – techniques used for facial capture and motion capture, rigging, data clean-up, etc.
- Good understanding of modern animation techniques such as motion fields and inverse kinematics
- Knowledge of third-party animation systems such as Havok Animation, NaturalMotion Morpheme or
- Autodesk HumanIK as well as techniques for low-level optimization and data compression
- Good understanding of 3D math
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 400 people from 35 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3 and our latest release Tom Clancy’s The Division.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio. Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.