Engine Programmer [Tom Clancy's The Division]
Working on our engine team, your primary focus will be on implementing and maintaining the various core engine systems of our in-house engine Snowdrop™. As an engine programmer you will be part of a team working with multiple hardware platforms. You will be expected to work in close collaboration with other programmers, designers, artists and testers to craft high quality, scalable solutions where performance, memory, and load times are taken into account.
- Designing, implementing, debugging, and iterating on new and existing core engine systems, using C++ programming
- Performance awareness in algorithms as well as memory usage and loading times
- Developing in a multithreaded environment using modern techniques
You will be part of a team of programmers where quality and attention to detail is highly valued. You will also work close to both game-designers and operations in your daily work, as a part of a team of highly motivated, passionate and skilled game developers. You probably have a passion for creating games, and breath-taking animations, and will most likely describe yourself as creative, hard-working, result oriented and cooperative.
- 5+ years of professional programming experience in the video game industry, using C++
- Strong optimization skills
- Ability to accurately estimate task duration and understand dependencies
- Experience of developing a AAA title from concept to release
- Experience working with PS4 or XBOX One
- Low level CPU or assembly programming
- Experience with performance analysis tools
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 400 people from 35 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3 and our latest release Tom Clancy’s The Division.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio. Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.