Audio Director [Avatar Project]
The Avatar Project at Massive is building an immersive, deep, and tangible world based on James Cameron’s Avatar. As the Audio Director, you’ll work in collaboration with the creative team to define the artistic vision and technical roadmap of the game’s soundscape, voiceover, and music to support and expand the ambitious gameplay and narrative goals of the project
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Working with the creative team and IP partners to establish the audio vision and technical goals.
- Directing the audio team to create and implement all of the project’s audio assets.
- Communicating the audio vision and department needs to the entire team.
- Collaborating with tech directors to design and implement audio tools and processes.
- Establishing the technical and production needs for voice recording sessions.
- Constantly pushing the quality of the game’s audio assets and systems to the highest possible level.
You are a seasoned audio professions who has had experience with all aspects of the audio process. Communication, organization, and collaboration come naturally to you in your process. You can establish and protect your creative vision for audio while taking input and feedback from many fronts that serve many different needs. The complex nature of game audio has become a second nature to you.
- Multiple years of experience in audio for video games
- Experience shipping AAA games in a lead, senior, or director audio role
- Extensive knowledge of industry-standard audio tools.
- World class expertise in audio recording production techniques
- Experience with Wwise
- Multiple shipped titles as a game audio director is a bonus
- Demonstrated talents as a musician or composer is a bonus
- Experience leading voiceover, location, or Foley recording sessions is a bonus
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 400 people from 35 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3 and our latest release Tom Clancy’s The Division.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio. Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines